Friday, March 14, 2008

sanuma

sanuma is one of my favourite nepalist songs. It means little darling in nepalist. Wanna hear the song? log in to www.youtube.com and type' sanuma'. I am sure you ll like it! I have other favourites songs as well, but too bad i have forgotten their names. I bought the CD in Kathmandu during a trip to Nepal in 2004. The CD is a collection of the best nepalist song in year 2004. I forgot the title of the CD, but i still remember it got a blue cover page with a little boy sitting on heaps of CDs and holding 'this' CD. I even asked my hotel receptionist nick name' hiao gong' (...urggggg..cute guy in English) to translate all the songs titles for me. I remember one song ' no poison also die' in English which i really miss! I dont understand a single word of the songs but i enjoy the music very much. It's between folk and pop or may be more.. I will introduce some other nice nepalist songs to you all in my next chapter. I pray i could find the CD that i lost couple years ago. wish me good luck. Namaste.

2 comments:

A_lidandan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_mQWqaAUM
oh .......i already find from youtube ,but the singer in video .....is it too rustic feel ?

sanuma said...

zhi heng yes i agree! very old fashion MTV but i like it, i like the songs not the hero!